Raleigh Foundation Repair
Raleigh Remodeling Services
Most Common Raleigh Foundation Repairs:
You may be in need of foundation repair if there are cracks in exterior walls, foundation walls, interior walls or ceilings of your home, or if there is sunken interior concrete floors, bowed or buckled foundation walls, or if any of the doors or windows of your home do not open or close properly. Improper foundation settling is the main factor responsible for the need to have foundation repairs performed. The basic types of home foundation repairs are always used in residence or commercial property based on the age and style of the house, soil conditions of the property and ownership goals of the homeowner.
Methods of Raleigh Foundation Repairs:
Cement, steel, stone or wood were used widely in past techniques. But these methods were found to be ineffective. Two of the most successful ways of foundation repairs are slab jacking and the Piering method or hydraulic jacking.
- Slab Jack Foundation Repair: Slab jacking involves adding grout beneath a slab or beam. But the amount of sand must be perfect while adding grout.
- Piering Method or Hydraulic Jacking involves driving steel posts through unstable soil and using Hydraulic jacks to stabilize weakened concrete slabs. Piers are installed to support your home from further damage if your home foundation has some problems.
Two Main Types of Piers for Raleigh Foundation Repair:
- Friction Piers
- Point Bearing Piers
Three Advanced Methods of Raleigh Foundation Repair:
- Concrete Press Piling: Concrete pressed piling involves drilling or pouring concrete piers. The method involves drilling holes to a depth of 9-12 feet below the surface, and then filling with reinforcing steel and concrete. The method further involves topping concrete spacers and shims over the poured concrete.
- Steel Press Piling :Steel press piling method involves settling hollow steel piles in the ground through a rotary press-in method. Steel press piling method is considered as the best method as it provides long lasting support.
- Bellbottom Piers : Bellbottom pier home foundation repair method involves drilling a hole in the ground, belling it at the bottom, pouring concrete into the hole, and then using that to lift off of.